Friday, January 01, 2010

Wireless Broadband Internet...

While I was at Somerset Olympia I tried connecting to the net via Wireless broadband as free Wi-fi only is at the lobby and the cost to have it enabled in your room is impractical. Since I was at the heart of Makati's Commercial Business District I was sure that I could get a strong signal regardless of the building network traffic due to the new year.

I started with Smart Bro.... It was a complete failure. I wasn't even able to connect to the server. Well I was able to get a signal and was able to connect earlier, but could not connect to any site nor log on to basic messenger services

Smart Bro

Then due to my frustration I used Globe Tattoo with Prepaid Sim inserted.

It was good the first few minutes as I got a modest transmit/receive speed

Globe Tattoo Prepaid (Before)

And then...

Globe Tattoo Prepaid (After)

Arrrgh.... (hehe)

I decided to borrow my Sister's Sun Wireless Broadband Prepaid and Got the Best Results :)

Sun 3G Broadband

Well my sister was about to use it as well so what I did ultimately was to Use Globe Tattoo with my Postpaid Sim

Globe Tattoo Postpaid

Sometimes, It's best to go Postpaid (hehe)

No comments: