Thursday, August 04, 2005

My Ode to a Bronze Goddess

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Flowing dark hair in the pale moonlight
Deep black pools as dark as the night
Intoxicating scent brings me to a trance
Gliding past my way in a graceful dance

Tanned Bronze skin that glistens in the light
I simply couldn't let her out of my sight
Melodic voice like the sirens I hear
Weakens my knees and drives me to tears

Standing from a distance here I stay
Watching my goddess from so far away
Frozen in time as I look into her eyes
Tearing the veil of hidden secrets and lies

Showing to the world how much she is strong
Cold and emotionless, how much they are wrong
Beneath that facade is a delicate flower
A lonely soul trapped in an endless tower

Here is the Goddess I protect and adore
Someone whom I'll give all my heart and more
She is the one who gives me my strength
When my morale is low and my body is spent

To the bronze goddess, I offer thee an ode
Grant that you keep it even at your abode
A poem I make for you, from deep within my heart
So even through my thoughts, we'd never be apart

No comments: