Sunday, August 07, 2005

'Twas a Good Week (with some Detestable Moments)

This past week has been really good, although there were some bumps along the way and some annoyances but I guess other than that, I was pretty much in a good mood.

Work
Although there was not much work to be done this week, which comprised mostly of documentation and some testing, most of my office time was immersed into C# and Linux training; although the lessons were concise and comprehensive, the presentation leaves a lot to be desired. I think I fell asleep a few times (heh heh). And I think this was one of the few times that I have not been given any scrubdown by my superiors. I did a lot of contributions, however little in some of the projects that I was assigned in. And I really felt that my expertise and experience was needed for that kind of job. And I felt really glad about it. Looking forward for the next working day is a feeling that I haven't had in a very long time.

Friends & Social Life
Had spent lunch and dinner with someone I haven't seen in a long time (well, except on television I guess). We got joined by another friend, and the result was a riot. We were spending so much fun that my 1 hour lunch break became 2 and a-half hours. And even after work we were still at it, whether it be an internet cafe or in some eatery. I have also spent time with some of my friends who work in makati at a coffee shop near our offices. We just spend an hour or two sharing stories and drinking hot coffee. Except last friday as I was going to that same coffee shop, I person I truly detest dropped by to show up. I decided not to go instead. But all week, that was the only thing really that really ruffled my feathers. Next week though there maybe more plans to party!

Home and Family
Well nothing much new with home. My mom, well... is my mom. My niece though is still as annoying as ever. Always asking me to buy her a new phone. Sometimes I do want to. But there are times when she acts really like a spoiled brat which makes me think otherwise. Oh well, I would observe her again in a few months or so if she deserves it. I have nothing to do much at home except rest, watch TV and surf the net. I really have been active in the office so I wind down in front of my PC when I am at home.

Lovelife
Big fat EGG... what else is new. So I just spend my time pouring out my heart in writing. It feels good though, even if it is just in my mind. Sometimes it is fun to escape reality even for a few moments. It keeps me sane. Though I had dreams of watching her being married to someone else. I was forcing myself to wake for the first time (heh heh).

And so my voyage for this week has been written... tomorrow is a new day, and a new voyage...

No comments: