Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Curses...

curse - /kɜrs/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kurs]
–noun
1. the expression of a wish that misfortune, evil, doom, etc., befall a person, group, etc.

2. a formula or charm intended to cause such misfortune to another.
3. the act of reciting such a formula.
4. a profane oath; curse word.
5. an evil that has been invoked upon one.
6. the cause of evil, misfortune, or trouble.
7. something accursed.
8. Slang. the menstrual period; menstruation (usually prec. by the).
9. an ecclesiastical censure or anathema.
–verb (used with object)
10. to wish or invoke evil, calamity, injury, or destruction upon.

11. to swear at.
12. to blaspheme.
13. to afflict with great evil.
14. to excommunicate.
–verb (used without object)
15. to utter curses; swear profanely.


I just got home and to my horror I found out that my niece has been arguing with the brother of her boyfriend. To my utter disdain I read the last line of his message was "DAMN YOU". Note that the guy is 25 and my niece is 17. If you are a 25 year old guy would you say that to a girl? Especially when you consider that she is still a teen ager

So me and this idiot text back and forth. The only thing I was concerned about was the curse he said. And here are some of the idiots replies. (He even capitalized everything and in tagalog while I was texting him in english)

"PLEASE ASK UR NIECE TO STAY AWAY FROM MY BROTHER"

I asked why. I even called up but he just rejected my calls. Maybe he doesn't want to be proven wrong or afraid he might mess up so he texted me again

"I DNT NEED 2 XPLAIN NOBODY"

I didn't want to correct him that it should be "I don't need to explain to anybody". If I do that he might just spout some more wrong grammar hahahahaha. I kept explaining to him but I guess given the person he is, it seemed to be hopeless. I just asked him why I he was cursing my niece. I mean I don't even do that to family, what gives him the right to do so.

And he said:

"ALAM MO PARE CURSING AND TELLING SUM1 2 STAY AWAY FROM MY BROTHER ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS"

I said, how about the "Damn You Thingie"

He said:

'Hindi Curse yun pare, Dnt tell me pagka minura mo ako it means you are cursing me"

That is why I even researched the proper definition of curse here. (I highlighted the important items)

And in the end: "CRAP ITONG PINAGUUSAPAN NATIN"

Oh well, I guess people are like these nowadays. Petty, Stupid. I have nothing against Students of high class exclusive schools, but sorry, why is it the people I encounter from this school is an asshole one way or another. Please prove me wrong.

And to that Idiot I'm texting. Please grow up...

No comments: