Thursday, February 03, 2005

Unrequited

Have you ever had this need to express your feelings to someone yet you fear that they don't feel the same as you? Have you ever wanted to say "I love you" to someone but all they can say is "I can only be your friend". Or have you experienced giving yourself wholeheartedly to someone but get nothing in return. This is called Unrequited love.

Unrequited love is no doubt one of the most common experiences that we go through.We give our all to someone but she cannot return the feelings with the same intensity. As the Filipinos would say "Dinadala sa Luneta yan" (Brought to Luneta park for Execution like the Filipino martyr Dr. Jose Rizal). In a sense, this could be one of the purest forms of love if you still continue to love that person knowing nothing will happen in the long run. Simply because we put our emotions into it and expect nothing in return (Love should be unselfish). But this is also unhealthy in the long run, since you are giving too much of your self without asking for anything in return and you find out that you have nothing more to give. Sigh... It hurts, life is unfair sometimes but there are two choices here, continue to love that person but expect nothing in return, or move on.

Sometimes I pretend to be strong even I'm not, sometimes I cry only at night, sometimes I make believe that she loves me back. But this is only a fantasy. When sunrise comes that fantasy is again broken and it is time to face reality again. But I guess I am used to it (hehe)

Sometimes its better off not telling how you feel and instead show it. In that way you could still express your feelings to her without asking the question, "Do you feel the same?" and not getting that hurt in the process. But then again, when she finds someone else it becomes doubly painful.

As for me, I love her as a knight loves a princess. I pledge my devotion, loyalty and love in the pursuit of her happiness without expecting anything from her in return.For I am the Knight of Solitude.

(Somebody Shoot me... hehehe)

No comments: