Sunday, July 03, 2005

Makati City on a Sunday

I have been a Makati City resident since I was brought into this world. I saw the changes that happened as I grew up here. I remember the QUAD Theathers, SM Makati, the old Food court, and Greenbelt. Now there is Glorietta (in place of Quad), SM Makati has grown twice in size, there are food courts in every mall, and Greenbelt has now 2 & 3. A lot has changed, but somehow they are still the same.

I also work in Makati. My office is at PBCom Tower along Ayala Avenue. And during work days, I see the hustle and bustle of the people as they go to and fro doing about their business. To a person who is new here it is kind of overwhelming. Me? Well I kind of enjoyed watching the busy people. It somehow makes makes the city feel alive.

You should also see the business and entertainment district during the evening. You see people winding down and relaxing as they gather in coffee shops, restaurants and bars. Sometimes it looks more alive at night.

I just came back from the malls this noon... This is the time where the City isn't that much active, and just crusing home I seemed to have noticed the beauty of the City. The buildings, the trees and the road. They somehow look ordered, neat and clean. I was awed what was around. Somehow, this is comparable to the cities I were in when I was abroad.

Makati City

I love this City and I'm really proud of it!

No comments: