Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Life at 29 years...

"I feel like starting over again..."

Yes, I am 29 years old, but with what happened in the few years of my life, I feel as I have been given a second wind. And I promise to not squander this chance anymore.

I was said to be a "menopause baby". I was born when my mom was 42 years old. They said that babies born during this period may end up abnormal or may end up a child prodigy. I was neither... I was simply an average guy with a sponge for a brain (that is what they say). And I even learned how to talk before I could walk.

I grew up like any ordinary kid. Went to Grade School, had been competitive. Went to High School, had been competitive (again). But it was in college that I have broadened my horizons from the four corners of the room. I was not as competitive as before but I was happier.

Then came my first job. I was employed in a Japanese company and was enjoying the rewards of my work. Yet as I wanted to move up and search for greener pastures, I have been jumping to and fro looking for a job where I could settle down. It was kind of rare for me, after spending 6 years with my first job.

I was at the top of the world that time, succesful and stable. Then I met someone. Someone who turned my world around in more ways than one. My folks never wanted her in the first place. But being in love (or so I thought), I continued to rebel against them. Then I found out I was falling. She left me for another and I found myself on the ebb of despair, my life torn to shreds. That was 2003, 2 years ago. Athough I have forgiven her for her betrayal, I would never forget what happened, nor allow it to happen again.

2004 was a banner year for me. I have crawled out from that shadow she cast out and I was totally free. It was a good feeling. I started rebuilding my life again brick by brick and the future looks bright as well.

The best year I had was 2001. I only hope that sometime in the future, I would reach that level again.

"I really am starting over again... Wish me luck!"

No comments: