Monday, April 11, 2005

Abyss... a poem

This is what happened last thursday... when I get too emotional for my own good hahahaha...

I never felt great anguish such as this
I feel like Im falling into an abyss
A searing pain rips through my heart
My very soul being torn apart

Eternal darkness I am kept
Stranded, alone and left
Torrent of tears falls from my eyes
Upon my lips, a heavy sigh

Here I stand upon the rain
Dwelling, Enduring utmost pain
Groping in the dark like a man gone blind
Sadness is all I could find

Im in a deep dark bottomless hole
Struggling for one who can make me whole
Here I stand, all alone
Contemplating my sins I should atone

Here I sit still and lie in wait
Maybe in time and a bit of faith
That I could climb out of this dark abyss
And finally find my one true peace

6 comments:

Knight of Solitude said...

Hey, thanks... I have been doing a lot of poetry lately... maybe I could post some of it here when I have the time... I used to do this a lot especially during college, but I guess work has zapped a lot of my creative energies (I guess)... Well I'm trying to put all of that into writing again...

Besides, I think I am the luckier one :D

Knight of Solitude said...

Well I'll post one weekly... just whack me on the hear if I get too maudlin for my own good (hahahahaha!)

So what's the latest stuff in the literature you are reading right now? :)

If you are into friendster, you may add me at sleeplessnb@yahoo.com

TTFN!

Knight of Solitude said...

Five years... wow, that's a long one... I think my longest was only for two years... well me being away all time, sometimes I find out that I'm the one who is being left behind...

But sometimes work make me forget. I was in Japan for 2 straight years and nothing was in my mind but work... Didn't mind though, every time I got home I would fall asleep even before my head would hit the pillow.

So that's the latest scoop... so Brad Pitt is really dating Angelina Jolie (Jeez... what am I saying... too much TV can sometimes do this)

So what do you do for a living? If you don't mind me asking

Knight of Solitude said...

So you believe in the adage... "Nice guys finish last"? Heh heh heh... :)

Knight of Solitude said...

Doesn't matter much though... I just want her to be happy :)

Knight of Solitude said...

Well the fact of the matter is that "Life is truly unfair"... all we have to do is to "deal with it"