Sunday, April 17, 2005

The Promise of Loving You... a poem

Just had to repost some of my stuff... sentimental mode again :)

Dare I might hope, that you could love me
Yet doubt settles in, like the earth swallowing me
All I can offer you is my soul and my heart
Excruciating pain I feel, when we are far apart

Unworthy of you, I think myself lowly
Yet wishing to make you happy, swear to all that's holy
Don't know much, only that I know I love you
These words from my lips, from my heart that is true

Promise I cannot make, of the moon and the stars
For all I can give, myself to you at all hours
All I want to bring, a simple smile on your lips
Laughter in your eyes, joyful heart that skips

All your needs and wants, your wishes my command
I would be eternally happy, if I could have your hand
Take you to a happy place, far far away
Here in my heart, where you will always stay

Riches I don't have, nor I have the powers
But certainly you shall have, my devotion for hours
Simple man am I, and I have simple dreams
Only your happiness, matters to me it seems

Yet I cannot ask, what you cannot give
Not having your love, is too painful to live
Yet the sadness and the sorrow, I will never show
The dark void in my soul, you not need to know

Cause what matters most, the sparkle in your eyes
The laughter in your voice, the passionate happy cries
That graceful lively gait, that contented smile
Would ease the pain of sadness, even for a while

This love I give to you, I give thee true and pure
Maybe in your loneliness, I would be your cure
Though the emptiness in my heart, you may chose not to fill
This I promise you, Truly I will love you still...


@}->--,--`---

No comments: