Friday, April 22, 2005

Not Another Poem...

Maybe its because of the low morale I have at work, or that I am about to switch jobs, or maybe its because of a very sad message I got... I was driven to write another one of my literary disasters.. hahahaha. Hope you guys don't mind me being cheezy :)

This Poem is untitled as of this writing... can't think of an appropriate one. How 'bout supplying one ;)

@}->-->---

Standing from a corner, I watch her from afar
A graceful princess is she, who dwells among the stars
Giving friendly smiles as she rests upon her seat
As she turns toward me, my heart skips a beat

I gaze upon her face, as if drawn to a trance
To say what's in my heart, if I am given the chance
Yet beneath that smile, I see a sadness within
I see it in her eyes, to whatever lies therein

She utters her thoughts, in a voice so much melodic
Yet bitter are her words, from someone so angelic
"Crushed over and over, I don't seem to have a heart"
Hearing that made me cry, and slowly tear me apart

Her pain seeped to my bones, and gave a cold fright
All I wanted to do, was to take and hold her tight
To ease her mind of fear, and soothe her heart of pain
Even shield as well, from the heavy torrents of rain

Stay with her I will, and dry each falling tear
Company through the storm, until the skies are clear
Giving unbridled joy, even at the expense of mine
To always make her happy, until the end of time

Raise her spirits high, with every laugh and cheer
Keeping her safe all night, I promise to be near
Staying by her side, to watch her fall asleep
To ensure lovely dreams, and happy thoughts to keep

I'll shower her with love, so even through the night
Alone in her thoughts, she'll always be alright
Even when I'm far, there is nothing she would fear
She would only call my name, and I'll come running here

Heal her heart I would, giving all of my love
Comfort her I will, under the heavens above
Giving her the joy, she so rightfully deserves
Here I am a knight, to the princess he serves.

No comments: