Sunday, April 17, 2005

Borrowed Heaven (A poem)

A simple glance is all that I need
For this hungry heart of mine to feed
A single thought of you at home
And I'll never really feel alone

A gentle touch onto my arm
Would clear my mind and give me calm
A soft word upon your lips
Will lull me into a blissful sleep

Your presence alone by me side
Soars my heart than the highest tide
To hear your ever-infectious laughter
Would bring me joy ever after

Melodious voice, sets me to a trance
Enticing me to sing and dance
Lithe body moves so gracefully
Makes my heart beat so eratically

I never felt so much joy
Than in a toy store, an excited boy
When I am with you I'm never lonely
I never been so much this happy

A Wonderful dream this must be
For all these things an impossibility
All these things are in my fantasy
But fate it seems, 'tis not my destiny

Yet my heart would sigh and feel so blue
Wishing all of this would come true
This joy of mine when I'm with you
Would Remember it through and through

But just for awhile, even for a time
It was like you were truly mine
For this is never meant for me
Borrowed heaven this must be


No comments: