Thursday, April 14, 2005

Solace (a poem)

Did this when I was tired from everything... you know what, after doing this, I'm not tired anymore :)

A hectic life from day to day
Wishing to rest my head and lay
A lot of thoughts rest upon my mind
I seek my peace, solace I find

Those comely eyes that give me calm
For my wounded soul, a healer's balm
That soothing voice clears my thoughts
And lifts me into heaven's lofts

Whenever I feel so down and blue
Her presence alone gives my life hue
To fight battles of everyday strife
She gives me joy, she gives me life

When I look at her beautiful face
My mind is moved to happy place
And forget the troubles of everyday
Beside her I intend to stay

As the day is done and my body spent
With a patient ear, she hears me vent
The troubles of my weary mind
Truly in her, solace I find

Lucky am I, to have one such as she
By her side, I always want to be
Now and forever I will always be secure
For all the pains I have, she is my cure

1 comment:

Knight of Solitude said...

Hmmmm... maybe I should change careers, heh heh heh